Immediate Vacancy Announcement
Job title: Senor Researcher I, Grade IV
Reports to: Director of Research and Policy Analysis
Company background: The Ethiopian Economics Association (EEA) was established in 1991 as a non-profit, non-partisan and non-religious professional association. The EEA has interrelated objectives of supporting economic policy design through producing reliable and independent scientific evidence; enhancing economics and development research and dissemination; promoting the discipline of economics; serving as a platform for dialogue on economic issues; promoting the professional interest of its members; and facilitating professional networking between Ethiopian economists and those in other countries.
Job summary: The Senior Researcher is generally expected to undertake activities related to macroeconomics research, training, preparation of periodicals (including Annual Report on the Ethiopian Economy, Quarterly Macroeconomic Update), technical support to stakeholders, and other overarching activities. S/He is expected to undertake all stages of research and training activities involving research ideas, preparation of concept notes and proposals, conducting reviews and research activities, panel discussions, and dissemination of research outputs.
- Collect, organize, and manage primary and secondary data deemed relevant to the objectives and activities of EEA.
- Review literature, analyses data, and produce review and research reports and stay abreast of economic changes.
- Employ standard and comprehensive statistical and econometric software packages in research and training activities.
- Support and supervise researchers working under the EEA team;
- Prepare and review publishable manuscripts.
- Present research findings in workshops and conferences and disseminate research outputs.
- Prepare concept notes and grant proposals to mobilize financial and non-financial resources for possible funding.
- Prepare terms of references (ToRs) for research, training, and forums to be organized.
- Prepare research briefs on outputs of studies.
- Offer trainings to partners on selected thematic areas.
- Provide advice and technical support to EEA partners and other stakeholders.
- Supervise project activities and ensure their successful implementation and completion.
- Report progress of project and recurrent activities to immediate supervisor.
- Follow up national and international developments related to the strategic priorities and objectives of EEA.
- Evaluate the performance appraisal of his/her subordinates periodically or as the need arises.
- Identify potential partners and partnership opportunities for institutional collaboration.
- Establish networks and partnerships with existing and new partners and stakeholders of EEA and,
- Performs other duties as required and as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications: PhD Degree in macroeconomics and relevant disciplines from a recognize university.
- At least four (4) years of research experience in macroeconomics;
- Demonstrated skill to plan and design research proposals and programmes and research report writing.
- Demonstrated skill in using standard statistical, econometric and programming software packages in research and training activities.
- Extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting complex surveys and collecting primary data.
- Demonstrated experience in management, manipulation and analysis of huge data (cross-sectional time series, and panel). and
- Strong writing skills and ability to write for different audiences – policymakers, media and for communities.
Values and behaviour
- Creativity: Ability to generate new ideas and constructive changes.
- Knowledge and technical ability: Ability to understand new methods and procedures for doing the job.
- Quality of work: Accuracy and neatness of work.
- Integrity: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Teamwork: The ability work with different teams.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Salary: As per the very competitive salary scale
Benefits: Attractive (as per the attractive organizational benefit package).
Place of work: Addis Ababa (EEA Headquarter).
Required number: One (1)
How to apply: Interested applicants who meet the aforementioned requirements can summit non-returnable copies of educational and other supporting credentials along with their CVs to the Ethiopian Economics Association Building 3rd floor, office no. 3-02 located at CMC, around ALTAD, adjacent to St. Michael Church or via mail: P.O. Box:34282, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or email: email@example.com
Application date: Fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of this announcement.
EEA requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage qualified women candidates to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.